Last Updated: [12/21/2021]
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect different types of information, including:
Personal information. You may voluntarily provide personal information to us such as: name, email address, telephone number, street address, and payment card information. This information also may include personally identifying information you provide when making a donation or when applying for a job or volunteering with us.
Registration information. If you register with the Site, you may also be asked to create a user name and password.
Social media information. We may collect social media information (e.g., Twitter handle) that you share. We also may use social media buttons. These buttons allow you to follow us in different forums, express your interests, and share information, among other uses. For more information about the social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Technical information. We may collect information including browser type, IP address, screen resolution, the date and time of a visit or use, the pages visited on this Site and the Internet, the address of a referring website, the time spent viewing the Site and other websites, and return visits to the Site. If you access the Site from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use, your device’s unique ID, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the location of your device.
Aggregate information. We may collect data about a group or a category of persons from which personal information will be removed.
Open text fields. We also will collect any information you choose to share through open text fields, where you may include an experience, a story, a comment, or other message.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
We may use the Information we collect for purposes such as:
- to provide you with information you request and related information, including to respond to your emails and to otherwise contact you with information that we believe may interest you;
- to administer and improve our Site and for internal operations, including to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and to conduct research;
- to comply with applicable law;
- for any other purpose specified in this policy or at the time of collection.
We may share and disclose Information in the following ways:
- We may disclose Information to our affiliates, such as parent or subsidiary organizations.
- We may disclose Information when you provide us with your consent to do so.
- We may disclose Information to vendors, suppliers, sub-contractors, and any third parties operating on our behalf. For example, we may use third party service providers such as marketing service providers to send communications to you.
- We may disclose Information to research partners and organizations with which we conduct programs or activities or that share our values.
- We may disclose Information in response to legal process, for example in response to a court order or a subpoena, or in response to a law enforcement agency’s request.
- If the organization that operates this website is merged with or acquired by a third party, the Information may be one of the transferred assets.
This Site is based in the United States and the Information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Site or otherwise providing Information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of Information in and to the United States.
DIGITAL ADVERTISING AND EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
For more information about interest-based advertising on your desktop or mobile browser, and your ability to opt out of this type of advertising by third parties that participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”), please visit the DAA Self-Regulatory Program. Please note that any opt-out choice you exercise through these programs will apply to Interest-based advertising by the third parties you select, but will still allow the collection of data for other purposes, including research, analytics, and internal operations. You may continue to receive advertising, but that advertising may be less relevant to your interests. If you use a different browser or device or clear your cookies you may need to opt-out again.
You can unsubscribe from email communications from us at any time by following the instructions included within any email you receive from us.
UPDATING CONTACT INFORMATION
You may request to review, change, or update your contact information previously provided to us, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND TOOLS
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Site may also include tools offered by third parties, such as our donations page, and social media tools or “plug-ins” from third parties, such as social networking and video streaming tools. If you create accounts with these third parties, use their tools on our Site, or otherwise interact with these third parties on the Site, the third parties may collect, use, and share such information in accordance with your account settings, including by sharing such information with the general public. With respect to donations, our third-party partner may provide your donation information to us for our own use.
We take reasonable measures to help maintain Information we collect through the Site in a secure manner. Please be aware that despite our efforts no security measures are perfect and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.